Import/export Contacts For 'mail'

D

Donagh

i-Book/G4/1.3/OS X Tiger

I am trying to import my contacts from my web-based (Earthlink) e-mail client. As per the instructions, I exported the contacts to my computer as .csv files and then imported them with Mac 'Mail' When I do it, it shows all of the contacts to be imported, but after I click the import button, I get nothing. I even tried the same technique with Entourage and got several hundred empty contacts.

What am I doing wrong?

I also went to Hotmail, but they don't even appear to offer the option to export their contacts from the web-based client. (how very 'MicroSoft'). Is that true, or did I just overlook the option.

Anyway, If there is something I am doing that I can correct, it would wonderful. I can't imaging entering all of my contacts manually. I lost the originals when I did my upgrade. (my fault)

Thanks in advance,

Den Gleason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try importing them into the address book, not into Mail...

Open address book and select 'Import...' from the 'File' menu.

OP
D

Donagh

Ahh... I misspoke... I was trying to import them into ADDRESS BOOK (so I could use them in MAIL. Still no joy...

Aptmunich said:
Try importing them into the address book, not into Mail...

Open address book and select 'Import...' from the 'File' menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Export as vCard, much easier to manage that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.