Any way to run pre-Intel OS on Intel Macs?

Reaction score
I'm being held hostage by my old Powerbook. It's got a lot of programs on it I don't want to get into the expense of replacing, but it's obsolescence is unsupported in so many ways that the additional work, frustration, or things I can't even participate in have become too much to endure.

Is there a program that allows me to run the Powerbook's pre-Intel 10.4.6 OS on an Intel Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It would be easier to recommend alternatives to your older apps

What apps are we talking about, I am sure we can find modern apps that will be as good if not better

Reaction score
Older Intel Mac could work.

I'm being held hostage by my old Powerbook. It's got a lot of programs on it I don't want to get into the expense of replacing, but it's obsolescence is unsupported in so many ways that the additional work, frustration, or things I can't even participate in have become too much to endure.

Is there a program that allows me to run the Powerbook's pre-Intel 10.4.6 OS on an Intel Mac?

Thanks in advance.

When Apple switched to Intel they orginally had a option to install Rosetta which emulates PPC for those old apps.
Apple stopped with MacOSX !0.6.8
So If your Intel Mac is running Mac OS X 10.4.4-10.6.8 the old Apps should work.

Check out here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_(software)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.