Mountain Lion Contacts app not syncing properly

Reaction score
iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Contacts

Following the advice in the article DID NOT resolve my syncing issues with the contacts app. Contacts that I create on the Mac DO NOT sync to iCloud or my iOS device. However contacts created on my iOS device or iCloud DO SYNC to my Mac. I have done the following which HAS NOT resolved my issue.

1) Systems prefs ---> iCloud
2) Disabled and enabled Contacts
3) Rebooted

Is there anything else I can try?

Also I am still getting duplicates in my contacts and I am having to manually delete a number of entries even after following the advice in this article which cleared about 80 of my duplicates but thats all.

Thank you for your help

John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Open up iTunes. Select your iPhone on the left. On the right, under Info, do you have the option selected to sync contacts? If so, de-select it. You are double-syncing if that and iCloud are both enabled.

Also, on your Mac, open up Contacts, then go to Preferences, Accounts. What entries do you have in the column on the left?

OP
E
Reaction score
Open up iTunes. Select your iPhone on the left. On the right, under Info, do you have the option selected to sync contacts? If so, de-select it. You are double-syncing if that and iCloud are both enabled.

Also, on your Mac, open up Contacts, then go to Preferences, Accounts. What entries do you have in the column on the left?

I resolved the problem. Spoke with Apple care and got it taken care of. Thanks for your reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.