iPod classic not showing up on iTunes?

Reaction score
I wanted to sync my old iPod classic to a 2011 MBP i got, but itunes said it was on the wrong account, wiped the whole thing after I clicked "erase & sync", and the little icon wouldn't show up on the sidebar, so I cant manually add them back. it does show up in finder though. what should I do?

Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed, and that your iPod is directly plugged into
your MBP.

If the problem persists, try restarting both the iPod and the MBP.

SM

OP
I
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed, and that your iPod is directly plugged into
your MBP.

If the problem persists, try restarting both the iPod and the MBP.

SM

I tried, and it's still not working, synching, or showing up in iTunes in the sidebar :'(, but thanks anyways

ps. I think it may be time for a new iPod though, this is an '06 model.

C

chas_m

Well certainly it's time for a newer one, but that still doesn't explain why it's not showing up.

Does the old iPod hold a charge, or work normally independent of the computer? If it's just a case that the battery's dead ...

OP
I
Reaction score
Well certainly it's time for a newer one, but that still doesn't explain why it's not showing up.

Does the old iPod hold a charge, or work normally independent of the computer? If it's just a case that the battery's dead ...

Thanks for the info, I got it working with all my music after synching it with my iMac, and I decided its iTunes problem because my iPad won't show up on the MacBook either

C

chas_m

Just as a check, I located my old third-gen (2005) iPod, charged the battery and connected it to iTunes using a Firewire to 30-pin cable. Still works perfectly!! Colour me surprised. :)

Reaction score
When all else fails. You can reboot your ipod using the scroll wheel (when its not connected)
(Apple's web page will have the procedures for your model).
That should wipe everything. Then try syncing it.
You'll have to reload all your files
but that should clear the problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.