Disk Utilities alternative

Reaction score
I have this annoying problem.

Some how my Disk Utilities on my iMac OS X 10.6.8 was dumped. In order for me to format External hard drives and SD cards (Which I do allot) I am constantly being referred to using DISK UTILITIES to format them correctly. I know how to use it and I wish I had it back, but I don't!

I have all the start up disk's that came with my iMac but my optical drive is down so I can't even play a music cd. The other alternative would be to shell out money and upgrade to the MOUNTAIN LION but I can't right now. I'm broke!

Does anybody out there have an alternative to my situation?

M

MacInWin

How did DU get "dumped?" The application may be there, if all that got dumped was the icon. And do you have ANY backup at all?

OP
P
Reaction score
I don't know how it got dumped it just got wiped out some how when my iMac went down sometime ago. The most important thing is to get it back or find another alternative.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Download the combo updater for 10.6.8 and run it. It ought to reinstall DU and any other missing files.
I'll try to find a link to the file and post it here.

EDIT: Here it is
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.