Looking to buy new MBP and need some advice

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post so please be gentle.

I'm a hardcore Android and Windows/Linux man but with all of the research that I've done lately, I've come to the conclusion that the MacBook Pro is by far the best laptop out there for my needs (primarily web development). My question though is this: if I wanted to install a spare 256gb SSD with a clean version of Mountain Lion, would I be able to make a bootable USB key and if so, how big of a drive would I need? Thanks in advance.

BTW, I'm rather excited! It was a toss up between the MBP and the Samsung Series 9, but I think I'm making the right choice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll need a flash drive of at least 8 GB in order to make a bootable Mountain Lion boot disk.

Download the free Lion Disk Maker application (don't worry about the name, it also works for Mountain Lion) from here: LINK

Keep in mind that you'll need to make the bootable flash drive before Mountain Lion is installed on your Mac. Since Mountain Lion will come pre-installed on your new MBP, you'll need to download it again. You can download it again for free from the Mac App Store which you'll have on your new Mac as an icon on the Dock.

OP
L
Reaction score
You'll need a flash drive of at least 8 GB in order to make a bootable Mountain Lion boot disk.

Download the free Lion Disk Maker application (don't worry about the name, it also works for Mountain Lion) from here: LINK

Keep in mind that you'll need to make the bootable flash drive before Mountain Lion is installed on your Mac. Since Mountain Lion will come pre-installed on your new MBP, you'll need to download it again. You can download it again for free from the Mac App Store which you'll have on your new Mac as an icon on the Dock.

Thank you very much! It's really appreciated. I'm looking forward to this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.