Any good

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading from snow leapord to mountain lion..on a mac pro with i7 ...is this a good idea and are there any things i should know please...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm thinking of upgrading from snow leapord to mountain lion..on a mac pro with i7 ...is this a good idea and are there any things i should know please...

It really depends:

- Are there any features in Mountain Lion you need or want?
- Do you have any software or hardware that you want to get that requires Mountain Lion?
- Will upgrading to Mountain Lion make any software that you currently use
non-useable (not compatible with Mountain Lion)?

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
osx 10.8

It really depends:

- Are there any features in Mountain Lion you need or want?
- Do you have any software or hardware that you want to get that requires Mountain Lion?
- Will upgrading to Mountain Lion make any software that you currently use
non-useable (not compatible with Mountain Lion)?

- Nick

I'm running Traktor music software other than that nothing particularily special...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Check with them you are up to date, but apart from that Mountain Lion is a great upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I'm running Traktor music software other than that nothing particularily special...

If you run Traktor specifically on your Mac, I'd say wait before ugrading to ML. ML is still fairly new so Native Instruments (and other music related software companies) have to work out their bugs with the new Mac OS.
Check out the NI Traktor Forums for people having latency problems and processor freezes with Mountain Lion. Not good if you are doing a live gig.

I'm still using Traktor Pro 2.5 w/ Denon DN-MC6000 mixer on my 2007 MBP with Snow Leopard with no problems. :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.