Yahoo Widgets??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
I am a new mac user and love the widgets that come with it. however what is the difference between the dashboard widgets and the Yahoo widgets and which one do people use and which is better?
They both seem pretty cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
The difference between Dashboard Widgets and Yahoo Widgets (formally known as Konfabulator) is that you call up the Dashboard Widgets on basically a windown blind across your desktop, and then you make then disappear (using F12). The Yahoo Widgets are permanently on your desktop and arrangable there. Basically, to see the Yahoo Widgets you can use Expose to clear all of your windows, and with Dashboard you use F12 to call them up on top of all of your windows.

I stick with Dashboard myself just because there's no need to have both. To users running Panther though Konfabulator is sweet.

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12in 1gig RAM + 24in Imac 2.16 2.5 gig RAM Leopard
thanx for the response. does anyone know which uses more RAM and slows down the computer?

U

UncSki1218

my guess is that dashboard (apple) is much better and faster. the yahoo ones (used to be called konfabulator) aren't my favorite. Bascially before the dashboard program came out there was a program called konfabulator. you could run widgets just like on dashboard. but then apple came out with tiger which includes dashboard. so there is no need to install another program to use the now yahoo widgets. its pointless. dashboard is smoother and more integrated anyways. in other words...the yahoo ones were for before tiger came out. most people who still use them have 10.3 (panther) or lower or they have windows. i reccommend that you stick with dashboard.

H

HazelGirl

i know this post is old but i just want to say that i have used both and i find dashboard much, much better...faster and less buggy. I used yahoo widgets on my PC and it was horrible...a lot of th times, the widgets wouldnt work or they wouldn't show up one day. dashboard on the other hand has been more usable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.