My imac sound is not working at all

Reaction score
i bought Apple Imac 21.5" last year, some reason i don't open the pack till last month. after started using the system,in 2 days , i found that System Sound is not working at all (Internal speakers,External speakers). i brought my Mac to nearest Apple store, they looked at the System,and told me that Logic board has gone,it has to replace it.

Please help me how could i restore it.

Reaction score
How are we supposed to help you?
If the logicboard is fried, then it needs to be replaced.
It cannot be restored.

SM

OP
A
Reaction score
How are we supposed to help you?
If the logicboard is fried, then it needs to be replaced.
It cannot be restored.

SM

replacing logic board is expensive than buy new imac!! dont have Apple Care with me now.. is there any other way to fix the sound issue other than replacing logic board?

Reaction score
replacing logic board is expensive than buy new imac!! dont have Apple Care with me now.. is there any other way to fix the sound issue other than replacing logic board?

A logicboard replacement will cost around 900 bucks, and a new base model iMac 1200...
so there's a bit of a difference.
Afaik there's no other solution than the one I presented to you.

SM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i bought Apple Imac 21.5" last year, some reason i don't open the pack till last month.

A very bad move on your part. Why would you buy a new iMac and let it sit around for a year before using it? In a high humidity climate like India, that is not good for any electronic device. Like member "Sur3Mac" stated, you have no other choice but to replace the logic board or buy a new iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.