Safari Edit Tools

Reaction score
In Safari I no longer have the ability to use my edit tools. Where do I go to turn them back on.I hope this is easy to fix, that is simple to take care of.

C

chas_m

Can you clarify what you mean by "edit tools"? Safari is a web browser, so not clear on what "edit tools" you are referring to.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The only editing tools I can think of is the Inspector (which, although not an editing tool, is the best I can think of) which is only available if you have the Developer menu enabled. If this is the case, go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced and enable the Developer menu.

OP
A
Reaction score
The Edit Tools I was talking about were cut, paste, copy... under the Edit drop down, they were gray. I could not delete photos in my online store, could not use the keyboard short cuts. Once I "Reset Safari" it all came back.

C

chas_m

Ah, okay. Edit menu. Of course. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Glad you solved the issue on your own. Good job!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.