adjust the closing of MBP 17" aluminum display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
I have a 17" aluminum MacBook Pro and the display seems to be in a slight bind when closing as though it needs alignment or adjustment. I can't find any info on doing this, Is there a way? It just takes too much pressure to close it. Maybe the 17"s are this way?:Confused:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a 17" aluminum MacBook Pro and the display seems to be in a slight bind when closing as though it needs alignment or adjustment. I can't find any info on doing this, Is there a way? It just takes too much pressure to close it. Maybe the 17"s are this way?:Confused:

Was this laptop dropped? Did it close fine before…and now it's not closing ok? If it was dropped…and something got bent…then the damage is the issue.

I've had my previous 17" MacBook Pro's opened…and I never saw any adjustments. There are just hinge screws that can be snugged up if things get loose.

- NIck

OP
FatherTime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
Was this laptop dropped? Did it close fine before…and now it's not closing ok? If it was dropped…and something got bent…then the damage is the issue.

I've had my previous 17" MacBook Pro's opened…and I never saw any adjustments. There are just hinge screws that can be snugged up if things get loose.

- NIck

I'm pretty sure it was dropped, however I'd like not to change the bottom case. I can't see any obvious reason for it not to latch the hooks pop out and the bottom latch is not broke. I think it's just out of alignment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.