Airport Express AirTunes skipping

• Thread starter divinguy7@comca
  • Start date
D

divinguy7@comca

I know there's a lot of threads out there about this, but I am kind of stuck on this situation. When I first bought this, I used the option to use the airport as a bridge in my existing wireless network (I have a Linksys WRT54G). This gave me a great signal, but for some reason, the airport would not show up randomly. So instead I made it create its own network thinking that would help. Now it always shows up, but I get low signal, and the music skips intermittantly. I spoke with an Apple store employee and they said that they have heard of people finding special apps online to help to correct the bridging problems between the WRT54g and the Airport Express. Does anyone know of this, or how to fix the problem with my low signal? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What kind of Mac are you streaming the music from and does it have an 802.11b or 802.11g Airport card in it? There are issues with streaming from 802.11 equipped machines, even on a mixed b/g network. This may not be a router/Airport Express problem at all.

OP
D

divinguy7@comca

baggss said:
What kind of Mac are you streaming the music from and does it have an 802.11b or 802.11g Airport card in it? There are issues with streaming from 802.11 equipped machines, even on a mixed b/g network. This may not be a router/Airport Express problem at all.

I'm streaming from an Ibook G4 and also a PC with a D-link wireless g card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, just wanted to make sure it was not the b issue. Not sure what else to tell you, but the extra info you provided should be able to help someone else assist you. Sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I finally just replaced my WRT54G with the airpirt express, because I was having trouble getting it to join my existing network. I don't think it was really made to do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.