Lion os

Reaction score
I downloaded LION to my MacBook Pro but I didn't install it yet. I plan to upgrade to SSD 120 GB instead of the HD. SSD is unformated. I have to boot up from a DVD (or stick memory). I tried to burn the LION I downloaded to a DVD with "Burn" and "VLC" but it doesn't want to do it.
Any suggestions on how to create a boot disk?
Thank you.
Gerry

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I downloaded LION to my MacBook Pro but I didn't install it yet. I plan to upgrade to SSD 120 GB instead of the HD. SSD is unformated. I have to boot up from a DVD (or stick memory). I tried to burn the LION I downloaded to a DVD with "Burn" and "VLC" but it doesn't want to do it.
Any suggestions on how to create a boot disk?
Thank you.
Gerry

You say you downloaded Lion OSX 10.7 to your MacBook Pro. Where did you get it from, as the Mac APP Store only sells Mountain Lion (10.8)?

OP
D
Reaction score
I bought it last year 26/12/2011) from apple.com/mac. You are very right! Now they sell Mountain 10.8... Thanks.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If you bought it from the MAS you should be able to see it in your purchases and redownload it. I'm not on my Mac to give you step-by-step but after you download it extract the installer (search this site for instruction) and create a bootable USB. With hat you can reformat and reload the OS on your Mac.

EDIT: too verbose and slow again ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.