iStat Widget Problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram
Hey so I just recently noticed that under the Network column on the iStat widget it says "Ext: Unknown." It's supposed to display my router's IP. So apparently iStat says my external IP is unknown. I think it may have to do with me installing the Tor bundle for Mac. I have uninstalled Tor and tried reinstalling iStat and I'm still having the problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Please help!

Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone? It may not even be caused by Tor. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is this normal?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now it just says "Ext: Updating..."

Reaction score
Hey so I just recently noticed that under the Network column on the iStat widget it says "Ext: Unknown." It's supposed to display my router's IP. So apparently iStat says my external IP is unknown. I think it may have to do with me installing the Tor bundle for Mac. I have uninstalled Tor and tried reinstalling iStat and I'm still having the problem. Anyone know how to fix this? Please help!

Thanks

Same here. I think the widget did some external lookup to get the IP. Maybe went back to
islayer site or something, just speculating or maybe something with the OS update. I'm running MtLion, not sure if it stopped when I switched over.
Currently islayer is not responding (15:24 EST 10/16/12).
You can use this command from CLI to get your outside address:

$ curl whatismyip.akamai.com; echo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.