Media Player Woes

P

powerbookuser

Hello all,
After years of attempting to use Windows Media Player successfully on my Mac I am finally at my wit's end.
No matter how fast my connection is, how much RAM I have, or which version of Media Player I use, the program never fails to permantently stall out at some point while "Buffering".
Can anyone tell me why?
Is Media Player the worst platform for viewing video online with a Mac or am I just overlooking a simple solution?
Any suggestions or explanations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
powerbookuser said:
Is Media Player the worst platform for viewing video online with a Mac or am I just overlooking a simple solution?

Hopefully you have answered your own question because i seldom have any luck with it

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
inflexion said:
Hopefully you have answered your own question because i seldom have any luck with it
Haha. True. True. When I switched over two years ago, I tried out WMP and I was like "What the heck is this garbage?" WMP on Windows is nice and I like it, but Microsoft just doesn't care about how it run on a mac. :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.