Is there an app that does this...?

I have heard there is a way if you 'jailbreak' but Im not sure I wanna do that

Surely there must be a way....

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Torrents of what pray tell? The iPhone is not a general purpose computer so this would not be a smart thing to do anyway..

OP
Matteo
Reaction score
I guess so but why do Apple put so many stops on stuff? I mean their gear is so expensive yet it can be perceived as being very limited...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I guess so but why do Apple put so many stops on stuff? I mean their gear is so expensive yet it can be perceived as being very limited...

Only by sum is it perceived as limited. Yes it can be done via a Absinthe JB and Cydia. But to do it without JB your phone, follow these instructions from How To Download Torrents On iPhone, iPad Without Jailbreaking [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie.
I only give out this information, by letting you know to only DL legal torrents, as because this forum follows US Law, and to Torrent illegal music, movies and so on is not permitted in the US it is also not permitted to be talked about in this forum. As i dont know you, and are not calling you a thief i can morally in my mind give you this information, without being judgemental.
The moment a Moderator/Staff perceive you are looking for illegal Torrents this thread WILL BE CLOSED down quick smart.

Cheers

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Well let's talk about this for a moment..if you take a look back at phones from the 90's..the Nokia's, Motorola's and others, you would have NEVER though about doing anything that didn't already come bundled in from the carrier you were with. The apps on there were the apps. You wanted access to a browser or Media, you used the freaky little MediaNet thing that AT&T had. Verizon had their BREW thing for apps to be downloaded at crazy prices for what they offered. We didn't fight it, it was a phone after all. It kept all of our contacts and allowed us to make calls and send SMS/MMS' to our hearts content.

In comes the iPhone and Apple and they tell AT&T that no you won't control what goes on phones, we'll have an App Store and people can download whatever they want for free or paid and we'll build an ecosphere around that..

That made Android a success as a competitor. Even RIM decided to add an App Store to their Blackberry devices to allow for custom developed applications.

Yes, the iPhone is WAY more powerful than the phones from the 90's..but it is still a device with a fairly narrow purpose..you make phone calls, browse the web, play videos, play games, send SMS/MMS', e-mail people and so on. Now while things like Pages and other applications allow you to do light content creation/editing on your iPhone/iPad..no one seriously does this on a ongoing basis without a computer handy to do the heavy lifting..

With all the progress that has been, we gain an amount of entitlement attitude in that we should be ALLOWED to do whatever we want regardless of how harmful or counter it would be to the device's purpose..

If you consider that to be what Apple is restricting you from doing, then that's not such a bad thing. So think about that for a second..

OP
Matteo
Reaction score
Well let's talk about this for a moment..if you take a look back at phones from the 90's..the Nokia's, Motorola's and others, you would have NEVER though about doing anything that didn't already come bundled in from the carrier you were with. The apps on there were the apps. You wanted access to a browser or Media, you used the freaky little MediaNet thing that AT&T had. Verizon had their BREW thing for apps to be downloaded at crazy prices for what they offered. We didn't fight it, it was a phone after all. It kept all of our contacts and allowed us to make calls and send SMS/MMS' to our hearts content.

In comes the iPhone and Apple and they tell AT&T that no you won't control what goes on phones, we'll have an App Store and people can download whatever they want for free or paid and we'll build an ecosphere around that..

That made Android a success as a competitor. Even RIM decided to add an App Store to their Blackberry devices to allow for custom developed applications.

Yes, the iPhone is WAY more powerful than the phones from the 90's..but it is still a device with a fairly narrow purpose..you make phone calls, browse the web, play videos, play games, send SMS/MMS', e-mail people and so on. Now while things like Pages and other applications allow you to do light content creation/editing on your iPhone/iPad..no one seriously does this on a ongoing basis without a computer handy to do the heavy lifting..

With all the progress that has been, we gain an amount of entitlement attitude in that we should be ALLOWED to do whatever we want regardless of how harmful or counter it would be to the device's purpose..

If you consider that to be what Apple is restricting you from doing, then that's not such a bad thing. So think about that for a second..

I see your point but comparing the iphone to phones of the 90's Im not usre i agree with simply because the software capabilities etc were not availbale back then, however they are now...

We have an entitlement attitude because we deserve one. Its not like we get these things for free, we pay through the nose for them.

Apple in my honest opnion is overrated. They have helped progress things but in actual fact they are just good at ideas, not actually delivering them.

Ive had a macbook pro, 2 ipods, now an iPhone and none of them are even close to ease or comfort of their competitors. The only reason I have an iphone is because it was a gift but I would never ever buy one

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Then I would say, sell off all that underperforming and hard to use Apple stuff and get your plastic Windows 8 touch machine! Buy a Zune also to replace the iPods. Oh wait. the Zune is history.

Sell that gift iPhone and get an Android.

I am dead serious btw. If I disliked Apple products as much as you appear to do, I would for sure sell them and get something else.

OP
Matteo
Reaction score
I am planning to buy a better phone but for the meantime this will do

Regarding the other products, they all broke lol and were the same price to gte fixed

Im now having another problem trying to find my backup folder on the mac im using...i dont seem to have a library folder to navigate to...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uhh OK, in that case your "meantime" phone is doing what it was designed to, so enjoy that and the move onto that "better" phone..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.