Mail Not Working

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got my Macbook Pro about 3 years ago, and I never really used the mail feature because I couldn't really figure it out (I think I hooked up the wrong email and never bothered to change it).

Now however, I'd like to use it, but I can't. Every time I open it up I get the "beach ball" cursor icon as if it is loading but then it freezes like that and stops responding.

I have tried deleting the "mail" folder in my library, deleting the mail preference file, and trying it in safe mode with no luck. All I'd like to do is reset it to its original state and hook up my email address to it, is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Delete this file...~/library/preferences/com.apple.mail.plist, this folder...~/library/mail, and this folder... ~/library/maildownloads.

~ means your home directory.
Now, when you start mail.app it should be reset to factory settings and a new account can be setup.

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.