Rant about Software Updates in Mountain Lion

Reaction score
OK these new software updates that pop up as reminders in the upper left hand corner are driving me crazy!! Even after clearing my notifications they still pop up a few minutes later....look I dont freaking care to update AirAttack right now!! leave me alone!!! Please tell me theres a way to make this go away

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Doesn't the notification go away after a few seconds?

Are you aware that you can turn notifications off (either entirely or just for a set period of time)?

OP
Z
Reaction score
no they dont go away until i swipe them away....its in the upper right corner.....if I turn them off I'll never see new imessages or important OS X updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Alas you cannot have it both ways. Either important OS X updates or turn it off.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That's odd. Mine dismiss automatically after a moment or two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm not running ML anymore, but I could have sworn that there was a way to turn individual notifications on and off? Why not just access OS X updates via the Apple icon if that is the case?

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.