HDMI to USB Converter

Reaction score
Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing a AOC I2757FH monitor for my laptop, however, this monitor does not have any USB ports. It has 2 HDMI ports, and I plan on using one for my computer. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a converter for the second, so that I can plug in my USB devices (keyboard, mouse, tablet, etc.) into the monitor instead of my laptop.

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, so I'm sorry if it is!

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I may be mistaken but I don't believe there is a converter to convert HDMI to USB. There are plenty of USB to HDMI converters available, however. I'll let someone else comment here that perhaps knows of a solution for you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have never seen such a converter. Would suggest if you want USB at the monitor, you continue your monitor search.

While the HDMI port on the monitor will pass it's EDID info, it is not designed to pass input data.
You would have to input through one HDMI, pass the data on to the 2nd HDMI and then to the computer.
That is, you could not for example connect a Blu-Ray player to the monitor and expect to watch that on your computer screen by passing the info through the other HDMI port. They will not pass data from one port to the other.

Today, most HDMI are one way ports - input or output. Although, that is changing with the new breed of HDMI with ethernet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.