Buying a iPad 1 or 2

Reaction score
I am currently looking on eBay for a iPad 1 or 2 and there are a few with verizon or AT&T I'm in Canada and I'm with bell which iPads would I have to look for that can work with bell.can I maybe unlock it if I get one and how would I go about unlocking them to use for bell

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Please don't post the same question multiple times. Just wait for a response..

C

chas_m

You should probably be checking a more local Craigslist listing or at least the Canadian Ebay rather than the US. You can't really use ANY of the iPads that are locked to AT&T or Verizon.

Are you sure you need a 3G model at all? Would a Wi-Fi only do the job?

Reaction score
Get Wi-fi only.

I was paying $30 per month to Rogers and dumped the plan. Waste of money.

As for 'locked'---when I purchased my Ipad 1 it accepted a SIM card from Bell or Rogers. Go to an Apple Store (if convenient) or call Apple Tech Support with the question if this thread goes unanswered.

C

chas_m

CanuckBoater makes a good point -- iPads sold by Apple are unlocked and can be used with any carrier in Canada.

If you're shopping for an iPad, I would strongly recommend the iPad 2. There's nothing WRONG per se with the iPad 1 (I owned one and LOVED it, sold it for the 2012 iPad and skipped the 2 altogether), but the list of advantages on the iPad 2 are lengthy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.