The best database software for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
I am looking to build a client info database for work at the moment and I am not really sure where to go in terms of which software to use for it?

Should I just stick with Excel or is there any good purpose built database software out there anyone can recommend?

Its just mainly for capturing a bunch of stats every day about customer performances, nothing too spectacular.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Bento and filemaker are the best dedicated database apps for the mac (and they are cross platform)

Bento is the lite version of the two, both are from Filemaker inc

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just downloaded a free trial of Bento so will give that a go

C

chas_m

Excel is not and never has been a database program.

Are you sure you're not wanting a speadsheet program? If so, Excel for Mac is probably the best, but there is also Numbers from Apple and the OpenOffice (et al) equivalent of Excel among other options.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh I know Excel isnt a database programme I have been using it for 15 years, its just that when i looked at the data I was trying to capture I realised it was far more numbers based than is needed for a database programme so I may as well stay with Excel although I am going to have a look at Bento for capturing customer records.

thanks again for your suggestions though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.