macbook pro monitor intermittent failure

Reaction score
in the last 6 mos my macbook pro OSX.6.8 has failed 3 or 4 times. The screen becomes blurry and pulses. I have rebooted using start up disc nd that sometimes works. It seems to be happening more frequently now. It isn't video card as I have it connected to an external monitor and that works fine but I am tied to my desk.

Any ideas on what/how I might remedy this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since you've eliminated the graphics adapter as the cause, that leaves us with a display problem. You didn't mention which MBP you have as that is important in determining what could be wrong. I suspect it may be a problem with backlighting or the internal video cable. Both of which will require dismantling the machine. You may be better off taking your MBP to Apple or an authorized Apple repair - dealer and have them diagnosis it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.