Send but no Receive Mail (google/yahoo/iCloud)

Reaction score
what the heck is going on..?? Mail worked fine for 2 months...now gone Ape sheet.!!

MacBook Pro - Mail ver 5.3 - OS Lion 10.7.5. For 11 days now I am unable to receive mail - yet I can send easily using Mac mail.?

I have 2 gmail accounts as well as iCloud and a newly created yahoo account. All are OFFLINE. I have also tried to set up Thunderbird while attempting to figure out what the **** is going on. At first I thought it might be a google issue...but now feel this is all about MAC. This started at home and has continued at my work location as well. I do however receive all my mail on my BlackBerry.? I also have excellent internet and am able to use those accounts that are web based...on the web (just much prefer the Mac GUI.)

I get this error message:

Try checking the network connection, and that the server name is correct. Otherwise, the server might be temporarily unavailable. If you continue, you might not be able to receive messages."

I have gone to preferences and attempted changing the name of the IMAP outgoing server from "gmail" to googlemail...still nothing. I have tried a number of supposed "fixes" and looked pretty much everywhere in this laptop and to be honest..the settings look to be fine with no change on my part prior to this issue cropping up..so I'm a bit confused as to what is going on. Worst of all is that I am stuck in a work camp (in the middle of buck **** Alberta), on a 21/7 day rotation and wont see the inside of an apple store for at least 18 days.! AArrrrg.!

if anyone here has some idea as to what i might of messed up or what the problem is...I would love to hear from you.

Thank you,

Reaction score
Can send mail but cannot receive

I am having a similar problem as posted about below.

I am working on Mac OS X 10.7.5, and Mail version 5.3.

Last week I had no problems with my mail. My internet is fine (I am using skype and safari without incident).

This morning when I went to open mail, it said that my account was offline. I clicked take all accounts online, and nothing happened. I reviewed and re-entered all of the settings, but nothing helped. This whole time, I was able to access (send and receive) email from the same account on my iPhone and also on our webmail site.

Not sure what is going on- but must be an issue with my computer if the internet and the mail work through other portals.

Open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.