drag/drop to change genre?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
hey all...anyone know if it is possible to drag a song (or artist, or album) to a specific genre (in the genre column( to change all the songs to a desired genre? I tried dragging songs, artists/albums to the genre "Rock", but iTunes does not respond to that action. I then tried to hold down the command, option, shift, and a variety of combinations to see if iTunes would give in...no luck....has anyone ever done this? I would think this would be something innate to the software, and it suprises me that it is not that intuitive to this action.

thanks

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Changing many songs to one genre is simple in iTunes. If you have a long list of songs that are of the rock genre, hold down shift and click on the first song, while still holding down shift, click on the last song. Or to highlight many individual songs, hold down the command key, while select the particular songs. Then crtl-click a highlighted song, and then "Get Info". Then click the check box, and then select your genre. Hope that's what you meant.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
800 mhz iBook G4- 12"
hey thanks iWhat. I knew about the "get info" method...i was just hoping that there was something even faster that incorporated drag and drop. I was thinking it would be great if i could avoid the get info window, and just have iTunes make the changes without having to type a thing....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.