Acrobat 8 Professional Creative Cloud issue

Reaction score
I'm new here. I hope I've posted this question in the tight place and I hope someone out there can help.

I've been a CS user for years and usually bought my software from the store. I recently signed up for the Creative Cloud and I can't get Acrobat 8 Professional to work. When I try to open it, I get a dialogue box telling me "Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional cannot be launched at this time. You must launch at least one other suite component (such as...) before launching Acrobat 8 Professional". The trouble is that I have tried opening it while other CS applications are open and no luck. I should also mention that I still have old versions of CS (back to 3) on my computer and I'm operating a Mac Quad tower using OS 10.6.

Any one out there that can help? Also. Should I uninstall the old versions of CS?

Thanks,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've moved your post to the correct forum. And Welcome to the Mac Forums!

I'm not by any means expert on CS so you may wish to wait a bit and get someone else's opinion first..... but I would remove the old versions of CS before trying to troubleshoot this problem. I have a hard enough time understanding Adobe instructions as it is, but it does look like you may be getting some interference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.