imac Intermittant Internet

Reaction score
HI everyone, there seem to be a lot of these threads on here, but none that exhibit my issue. I have a 2.4 ghz iMac running 10.6.8. My daughter accidentally spilled water on my macbook laptop running 10.5.9. I used migration assistant to load my laptop account onto my iMac. The moment it loaded I am now having connectivity issues. My internet lasts for about 15 seconds before i have to switch off the airport and then switch it back on. The connection re-establishes for about 15 seconds and then I repeat ad infinitum. I am thinking that it copied some setting over from the 10.5 into 10.6 that is conflicting? I have deleted my laptop account off but the issue still exists. Do I have to delete everything and reload from the backup on my imac? Is there a way I can use time machine to reload the correct settings? Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Who knows what is corrupted following the spill. Pop the Snow Leopard DVD in, erase and format the hard drive and do a clean install and update to OS X.6.8 using the combo updater.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.