Mission Control bug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2012, i5 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM
First off, hello! I have just signed up to the forum as I am having a problem with Mission Control on my Macbook Pro.

Whenever I access Mission Control from any desktop (or dashboard) by swiping three fingers up, it always shows Desktop 1 in the main view in the middle, despite the fact that I was not on that desktop when I accessed Mission Control. The correct thumbnail at the top is highlighted, however it ALWAYS shows Desktop 1 no matter where I access Mission Control from.

How do I fix this issue as it is really 'bugging' me! (No pun intended..)

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX are you running?

I am in 10.8.2 here and can't duplicate what you are seeing. If I am in Desktop 2 and do the 4 finger swipe up for Mission Control, It shows Desktop 2. If I am in Desktop 1 it shows Desktop 1. I checked the settings for MC and can't find anything that should affect it.

Maybe someone else has some input.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2012, i5 2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM
What version of OSX are you running?

I am in 10.8.2 here and can't duplicate what you are seeing. If I am in Desktop 2 and do the 4 finger swipe up for Mission Control, It shows Desktop 2. If I am in Desktop 1 it shows Desktop 1. I checked the settings for MC and can't find anything that should affect it.

Maybe someone else has some input.

Hi, sorry I forgot to mention I am in 10.8.2 also.

I restarted the Dock using the Terminal command 'killall Dock' which removed part of the problem. It now works with multiple desktops, however not when there is a fullscreen app. If there is a fullscreen application (such as skype) and I enter mission control from the app, it always shows Desktop 1. Even if there is more than one desktop and the open app, it always shows Desktop 1.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.