An annoying default function in iPhoto?

R

Redbull

Evening,

This has always been on my nerves since I've use iPhoto. When I import my photos, iPhoto automatically makes a ''chain'' of files to the images

i.e

2005 > 11 > 27 > the images appear > Originals and Thumbs

I've endevoured to the change digits that makes the chain of files, when I do, the images become corrupted (they won't appear when you double click). Then I have to transfigure them to original before it becomes viewable. Is there way around this?

Secondly, when I want to import 200 photos from my camera, I don't want the default function of collecting a load of unnecessary ''Thumb'' photos. I end up having to go through each file and delete. Can you stop this?

Many thanks

Nicholas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
In the "Help" of iPhoto, one of the first things it says is "Don't tamper with the filing system in Pictures/iPhotoLibrary."

iPhoto uses these folders as a "filing cabinet" so that it can access pictures faster. It's in these folders that it also saves the changes you make to a photo, along with a backup so that you can "revert to original".

If you can, import with ImageCapture, a default program on MacOSX. It doesn't import into iPhoto, but whenever you want you can drag-drop into iPhoto.

This will allow you to sort your photos however you'd like on your HD, then use iPhoto to view them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iPhoto 6 has the option to not import photos into the iPhoto folder structure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.