update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

OS X.4.11 is it for Tiger. If you want to go higher you have to lash out and purchase the install DVD. To run Leopard OS X.5 you need at least an 867MHz processor and the black full retail install disc will set you back around the $100.00 mark.

To run Snow Leopard OS X.6 you will have to be using an Intel model Mac and to run Lion a Core2Duo Mac. To run the newest OS, Mountain Lion OS X.8 you need a 2008 or later Mac. Do a Google on Mountain Lion to find the precise models it will install on.

shooresh it helps immeasurably if you provide your computer details.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Quick Caution

One quick note before you switch to Leopard or above:
Some of your applications may no longer work. There are compatibility checkers available on line. I think, but can not remember, Apple has one on their web site.

Snow Leopard still allows Power PC type programs to run under Rosetta, but some Power PC & even Universal programs die. Lion won't run any Power PC programs. Rosetta is gone.

My examples from 10.4.11 to 10.6.8:
Parallels 3.x no longer worked. Solution: Switched to Virtual Box (and enjoying it- super fast & reliable) Cost = Free

Turbo CAD Mac v2: The company said it will not work under Snow Leopard & I was required to purchase the new version ($$$$$$) It works fine under Snow Leopard.
For 10.7- It will die for certain.

The worst part is that none of your existing tc3 files will open. You have to convert them to DWG or DXF before[I[/I] you upgrade. Then buy the new version ($$$$$$) & then import them back in. Each and every one. One at a time.
You will have, as I found out with conversions, lots of corrupted scaling & dimension issues. Some isometric views will be a mess & some layers disappear.

Solution: I have not found one. I have hundreds of drawings that will get destroyed by the conversion. My plan- Stall on 10.7 upgrade.
If it is legal (don't know)- Keep a partition with 10.6.8 for older drawings. As far as buying the new version- Ain't gona happen. IMSI decided not to provide any means for their older drawing to be opened in their new version, so I'll get someone else's CAD program, hoping for a more trouble free DWG import.

Microsoft Office 2004: Works under 10.6.x with a few glitches. It reportedly will not work under 10.7 (It is Power PC
Solution- I bought Office 2011, only because 2004 would not open some docx files & messed up some xlsx workbooks people sent me. Version 2011 works fine under 10.6.8- very slowly, but fine.

Other Programs: Some, especially my Canon Camera stuff, do not work under 10.6.8.
Solution- None so far.

I hope this helps you decide about the upgrade.
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
is ther any update for 10.4.11 to 10.5 or later?

Taken literally, the answer to your question is no.
However, the question contains an error.
Moving from 10.4.2 to 10.4.3 was an update, for example.
What you are asking about is an upgrade, as noted in the post above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.