So how did they do this and how can it be undone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
First of before I get more comments on this being a lost and found item. Please do not bother to comment on that, for this is not my doing. I am just interested on how this works.

So how did they do this and how can it be undone?

Photo2012-10-0694447PM.jpg

A friend showed this to me. They found this iTouch and said they were able to look at all files and everything was working normally. The next day this showed up "iPod Disabled try again in 22,415,234 minutes".wow 42 years until you can unlock it AHHA Ok that's funny, now it's just a very expensive paper weight. So they tried connecting to iTunes and setting it back to factory settings, turning it on and off, and anything else you can do with out hacking it. They can turn it on and off just fine but get this screen once it boots up. It can die and be charged and still go back to this screen. I'm guessing this is a Find My iPod/Phone App hack? Or a Jail break hack once it connects to a network? I wonder if they have the camera set to on all the time to record people being frustrated with it!? ahha

What do you think and dose anyone know how to set it back to factory settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
A friend showed this to me. They found this iTouch and said they were able to look at all files and everything was working normally. The next day this showed up "iPod Disabled try again in 22,415,234 minutes"

Ok, let's just stop right there. They FOUND the iPod. FOUND it. It's not theirs. It's disabled because the owner did so remotely. Do the right thing and turn it in to Lost and Found at the place it was found, or to the police.

OP
MacUser_88905
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
Ok, let's just stop right there. They FOUND the iPod. FOUND it. It's not theirs. It's disabled because the owner did so remotely. Do the right thing and turn it in to Lost and Found at the place it was found, or to the police.

Well obviously, It's not my issue to deal with. I'm more interested on how this works.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I don't see this bread going anywhere worthwhile as the best advice has been given.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.