MacBook recovery mode problem

Reaction score
Hi, I was on my macbook earlier and it wasn't connecting to wifi for som reason so I turned it off and then back on and it was hanging on the grey screen with a spinning wheel so after waiting for it to work or do something a progrss bar came up and I thought ah yes ok, but it had only gone up a tiny little bit and had been like that for a while. So after looking online for a solution I went into recovery mode. Now I went into disk utility and went to repair my macintosh hd as it said to after analysing it. Then disk utility hung all day on "updating boot support partitiions for the volume as required". After 5 hrs I quit the process ignoring the warning and I wanted the just to format macintosh hd to a cd rom but the mc hd was greyed out.
Is there ANYTHING else I can do to recover my files.
Oh and I've heard of disk warrior but it's 99.00 and I don't know how to run it in recovery
any help? :Confused:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like your hard drive may have died. If you've tried to run Disk Utility to repair it when booted from your install disk and that didn't work, I doubt Disk Warrior will be able to repair it.

If you have another Mac to use you might try accessing the drive by using Target Disk Mode. See the following Apple KB article for instructions on how. LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.