ibook cleanup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I have had my ibook for about 6 months now and want to know if there are some regular programs I should run (every month, 6 months???) to get my ibook clean. There is nothing wrong right now, just wondering! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
can't really think of any, other than just running disk utility to verify and repair permissions. i'll usually do this along with clearing internet cookies and cache. don't know if it really does much but it makes me feel better :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
If you put your iBook to sleep at night you might want to download MacJanitor to easily run the cron jobs to rotate logs and things.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ummm thanks schweb....but english please? i usually do put it to sleep at night, so what do i do with that macjanitor thing? and what is disk utility? how long does it take? Because I remember back in my sinful days of XP, i would run some programs that could take 2 hours, but would make the comp run cleaner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Disk Utility is in your Applications - Utilities folder. Open, select your disk and click on Repair Permissions. It should take a few minutes at most.

Download MacJanitor from MacUpdate.com and then just run it. It should only take a few minutes also.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
beauty, thats what i was looking for. Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Also note that when you download a major update for the OS, it will automatically Optimize the disk, and only takes about 15 minutes to complete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.