Toshiba external hard drive not registering

Reaction score
Hi there, I just moved ALL my important image files to my Toshiba 300GB external hard drive to work on. As I was working on them on photoshop, I accidentally knocked the external harddrive and it became unplugged. Since then it won't show up on my desktop. I have gone into disk utility and it does show up there, but it wont allow me to eject or mount it. I ran the firstaid repair and verify but it said it had failed ( information coming up such as incorrect number of extended attributes/ access control lists/ directory hard links/ invalid leaf record count/ invalid volume directory count/ volume free block count/ ID in hard link chain incorrect) I don't know what any of this means at all. Please help I really need the information on the harddrive as soon as possible for an important deadline and I literally have moved everything I need to do it onto the hard drive!! (because my computer was showing scratch disk full messages so I was trying to free up some space) How can I access it??? Can I get to the info somehow, I don't mind taking it to a computer shop,will the mac genius bar help if the external harddrive is not a mac? I can't afford to spend a lot of money though.

PS please explain anything clearly as I don't know an awful lot about computers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.