FaceTime on my 4s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I upgraded the iOS on my 4s. I've tried to FaceTime over cell network (AT&T) and it looks like its trying to connect (yes it's to another iPhone, mac or iPad - trying to FT my girlfriend). Everything seems to be working except, it won't connect.

Can I facetime over the cell network with my 4s or is that feature only available on theiphone 5?
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I upgraded the iOS on my 4s. I've tried to FaceTime over cell network (AT&T) and it looks like its trying to connect (yes it's to another iPhone, mac or iPad - trying to FT my girlfriend). Everything seems to be working except, it won't connect.

Can I facetime over the cell network with my 4s or is that feature only available on theiphone 5?
Thanks in advance.

AT&T requires you to be on a shared data plan in order to use FaceTime. Yes, it's lame and hopefully the FCC will nail them to the wall over this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz I7 4GB mem version 10.10 Yosemite // Ipad3 // iPhone 4S
Yep, I can do it on Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
AT&T requires you to be on a shared data plan in order to use FaceTime. Yes, it's lame and hopefully the FCC will nail them to the wall over this.

I hope they fine the ______ out of them its like a slap in the face with as long as i have been a customer for all of their services its my data that i pay a monthly fee for I don't need them telling me how to use it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.