Using the Cloud

Reaction score
In order to use the Cloud for Pages, do I have to have it installed on my iPhone 5? Also Text Edit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet
What do you mean? Do you mean Pages installed on the Iphone? On your iphone your apple id should be registered with iCloud. All you need to do is keep it signed in. Pages can synch to your Icloud through the app itself on the ipad/iphone.

Uhh Text Edit??? Why would you want want that on your Iphone? Your best bet is to use he notes feature of the Iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
Yes. I believe you have to buy the app for pages in order to use it on your iPhone. It's $9.99 in the app store.

C

chas_m

Pages for Mac and Pages for iOS are two different apps for two different operating systems.

You can view Pages documents on an iOS device without having Pages installed, but you can't do anything OTHER than view them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2010 2.4GHz 2GB 10.8.1 iPhone 3GS
Pages for Mac and Pages for iOS are two different apps for two different operating systems.

You can view Pages documents on an iOS device without having Pages installed, but you can't do anything OTHER than view them.

I can view the contents of many different types of files in IOS 6 but not those saved in iCloud.

Of course Calendar, Contact, Notes etc sync automatically via iCloud. I can even see the filenames of files in iCloud, but I can't read the contents of these files.

I dont néed Pages and Numbers apps on my iPhone, but I would appreciate a Preview app if Apple decided to provide one. There doesn't seem to be an app in the App Store which will simply read documents saved in iCloud.

If Apple provided this function in IOS 6 (7?), I would not need SugarSync or DropBox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.