Ipad 2 not turning on

Reaction score
Hi, I had an Ipad 2 and months ago it starts to froze a lot. So my family took it to an ipad repair store (not apple because Viet Nam does not have one) but for a reason I can not recall, it got return. After we got it back we could not turn it on, I tried a lot of tricks on google but none of this work.

So this is my though

A: The repair store have a way to turn the Ipad off dead that normal technique could not turn it back on.

B: they broke my ipad T.T

Any suggestion on what should I do?

Thank you

I appreciate all of your help

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There's an on/off switch on the edge of the iPad. Did you switch it to "on"?

It looks something like this:

apple_ipad_controls1-540x304.jpg

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi

There's an on/off switch on the edge of the iPad. Did you switch it to "on"?

It looks something like this:

apple_ipad_controls1-540x304.jpg

- Nick

Hi Nick

Indeed I haven't come across this before, but may I ask, which way indicate the on and which indicate the off. I tried but it didn't work. Or is there some other steps to do in order to turn it on.

Thank you

I appreciated

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Nick, that's just the audio mute or screen rotation lock switch depending on how it's configured. The iPad like the iPhone/iPod Touch has the power button on top, the volume and mute switch on the side and the home button on the front..

You turn on the iPad by just depressing the power button for a couple of seconds. If the battery is dead, pressing the button will still get you a icon indicating that you should plug it in. But if that's not happening, you might want to plug the iPad into your computer or the wall for charging anyway. See if it will power up after that and be detected by the computer..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.