Tricky Question First Up...Sorry!

Reaction score
Hello MacFans,

I'm after some technological help from those more adept than I!

Essentially my Macbook Unibody 13" White has a problem with the audio jack. It's sort of hard to explain but it is the same problem as described here: Macbook Audio Fix-- No Speakers; Red Light in the Headphone Jack - YouTube

For those who don't want to watch the video, the killswitch inside my headphone jack which prevents sound coming out of the internal speakers is jammed on, except with mine no sound comes from the headphones any more either.

I've tried all the different fixes, resetting PRAM, different techniques for unjamming etc but nothing has worked. It would appear my only alternative is to have the logic board replaced but I'm just not in a position financially to do this.

I did have an idea however that if I could either convince the Mac to ignore this kill-switch with some code OR more likely if I could find an audio output that runs solely from a USB or another means without involving the headphone jack that might work.

Does anyone have any thoughts or can they help at all?

Many Thanks,

W

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I've heard people blow compressed air (not a lot) into the audio jack hole.
Or take a headphone jack, put some kind of lubricant on it (not a lot) and insert it into the audio jack hole and move it around in & out...

that's what she said...

OP
W
Reaction score
unfortunately I've not got any compressed air, and the only lubricant I have is WD40!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.