Airplay Mirroring....

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new Macbook Pro 13'' yesterday (5Oct12), all sikked on using Airplay Mirroring and no cool Airplay Mirroring Icon on the top right hand corner. I have a 2nd Generation Apple TV (720p). I have read that this Apple TV supports mirroring. I have the software updated on the TV to show me I have a Mirroring option turned it on as well, restarted the macbook and still no Mirroring Icon. In my display preferences also I checked off the box "Show Mirroring Options in Tool Bar When Ready", so that part is good. I have good wi-fi connections in my office as well, I can of course display my iTunes and iPhoto thru Apple TV but no **** mirroring!

If anyone could give me some guidelines here cause I must be missing something. I'm pretty sure all my new hardware is "Airplay Mirroring" capable...

Thank You for your time, cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have you tried it on your home network?

Could well be that the office network/firewall/router is blocking the traffic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.