Passbook question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I know that a lot of people have been having a certain problem with Passbook that can be solved by changing the date. I did have that problem when I first got the phone, but it went away. Now, when I open the Passbook app, it just gives me a screen to go to the app store. I have several apps that are passbook compatible, but can't get the app to work correctly. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

C

chas_m

Just having apps that are Passbook compatible doesn't do it. You have to actually buy something (a movie ticket, a concert ticket, refill your Starbucks card, etc). Most often when you do these things the services will send you a receipt, which is auto-detected and put into Passbook.

Your question prompted me to find one way to "make Passbook work" that doesn't involve spending any money. I have the Cineplex Odeon app, and since I go there a LOT for movies, I used the Odeon app to sign up for their "Scene" card (10% off concessions, discount Tuesday movies, etc). The Odeon app allowed me to "add" my onscreen "Scene card" to Passbook.

Now when I go to a Cineplex Odeon, my Scene card will be available from the lock screen to show for the discounts, and of course I can buy tickets from within the Odeon app and they show up on my Passbook.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have reloaded my Starbucks card and bought something there, but the passbook app is the same and I allowed passbook to use my Starbucks app and set my favorite locations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't want to use other apps, I just want passbook to work as it's supposed to.

C

chas_m

The Starbucks app was JUST updated a day or two ago to add support for Passbook, so perhaps that was the problem. Check to update your Starbucks app, and then set it (from within the Starbucks app) to allow Passbook access again. Maybe it will work now.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, I re-downloaded the starbucks app and it works now, however there is no way to go back in and add more favorite starbucks. This is the same for other apps. It looks like they won't add to passbook until you use them for the first time, which doesn't make sense

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.