Viewing PDFs.......

Reaction score
Hello Forum!

Ive been searching all over the place for an answer to my question and the closest i could find was here.

I have an up to date MBpro with OS X 10.8.2 (12C60) and i am unable to view any of the PDFs off my uni blackboard. There are a mixture on there including Powerpoint presentations, lectures with audio and some without as well as pdfs from other sources.
After downloading adobe flash player i am able to view video presentations with audio, thats all fine (i have to do a daft re-load thing to get the audio but i can live with that if necessary). obviously i can see the powerpoint stuff via 'preview' but i cant access the uni written pdfs. PDFs from outside sources are fine so i know im not going crazy.
I have demoed a pdf reader but it didnt do the job so have since got rid. When i click on the file from the site, or download it, it opens in a new tab as a blank white page.
I have tried adobe and preview as preferred prog to open with and have run out of things to try....

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Reaction score
I wish I could shed some light, but I'm having a similar problem. I just upgraded my OS to Mountain Lion and then was forced to upgrade my Office Suite from 2004 to 2011. Now I can't view PDFs on the Web at all. I use Firefox, which is up to date, and I haven't had this problem before. Eager to hear what the solution is. Thanks for sharing your problem!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
PDF Viewer for Firefox from Mozilla - download LINK. Download and follow install instructions.

Reaction score
I downloaded PDF Viewer for Firefox and it didn't help at all. I've also upgraded Adobe Reader and am trying to upgrade Adobe Flash Player as well (this seems to be a problem for some reason). I'm not sure what else to do. Any other suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.