OS X Can not be installed - OR BOUGHT FROM APPLE

Reaction score
Hello, I know there are already a lot of questions regarding the "OS X Can not be installed on this computer" messages, but I am in quite a pickle.

running 10.5.8 now, no desire to upgrade until apple stopped updating, now i am stuck with no java or flash updates. I bought the discs to install snow leopard from ebay, they are legitimate disks from apple (apple does not sell or provide snow leopard, the only other available discs are $130+ from amazon, and will not be updated either, so you're paying over a hundred dollars for something you wont even be using)

I am running a 13 inch 2.4GHz Intel core 2 duo macbook, the oldschool white body, I the dvd i got came for macbook pro, and will not install. is it because the dvd is macbook pro specific? because i can NOT find a install disc for my computer model, so i cant get myself upgraded to mountain lion.

Help me out?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1-800-My-Apple

$20 for Snow Leopard.

Yes, the gray discs that ship with Macs are model specific.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.