cant get emails in mail

Reaction score
i can't get emails in my mailbox. My applecare plan only ran out yesterday and I am suspicious that they have deliberately altered some settings so I can't get my mail. The mail application kept asking me for my password and I kept putting it in correctly but it wouldn't seem to accept it so does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
AppleCare is a warranty program, there isn't anything running on your computer remotely related to that.

Who is your eMail provider? iCloud? Gmail? Your own ISP? Let's start with that before conjuring conspiracy theories..:)

OP
C
Reaction score
My email provider is aol but it is not a problem with them because I can check my mail online without any problem.. it is the mail facility on my mac computer that has the fault.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's likely a problem with your keychain. Try this: Access your email account direct by going to AOL and sign in with your normal password. Now, go to the option that deals with passwords and change your password.

After doing that, log off AOL and open your Mail program on the Mac and select accounts from preferences. Fill in the new password and other information to make sure it's correct. Make sure the new password is saved in the accounts preference. Now see if you can download your email as before from AOL.

OP
C
Reaction score
ok thanks I have done that and I can still get my mail online but not in the mac mailbox. I altered the password in the preferences as you said but still no emails coming through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Any error? Message etc

OP
C
Reaction score
No no error message or anything. Just getting no emails coming into my inbox. I seem to be able to send them though.

OP
C
Reaction score
It's ok I've sorted it realised my mailbox had somehow been taken offline. Thanks for those who tried to help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, thanks for posting back and letting us know. Sometimes the smallest things can trip us up. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
It's ok I've sorted it realised my mailbox had somehow been taken offline. Thanks for those who tried to help.

HMMM. I'VE JUST had the same thing at appx 21h30 BST, in the UK - been OK till then. Thanks - this thread solved it, for incoming!

This is after total failure to send since Wednesday 3rd October (see : http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...il-failing-sends-smtp-server.html#post1455086 ).

Software upgrades poking new versions, resetting parameters perhaps.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just a note to all who read this. Just because you can check your email on the Web with say AOL, Yahoo, whatever, does not mean it's working with an email client. Totally different protocols. POP/SMTP or iMap verses just a web page. A lot of things can go wrong with POP and SMTP servers and settings for example.

Glad you got it sorted but in no way Did Apple have a thing to do with your issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.