mac pro won't restart after imovie crash

Reaction score
I am running a Mac Pro with 2x2.66ghz dual core intel xeon.
It crashed using imove and since then will not do a normal restart. It will startup in safe boot and everything is there. I have run the usual HD utility and and mac keeper etc.- all safe everything is ok. I have reinstalled Snow Leopard and also reinstall the whole disk from time machine. No luck. still starts in safe boot but not normal startup. ... I use this mac for work, any thoughts what it could be? ....Gavo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would uninstall MacKeeper for a start, or do a clean install but whatever you do do not re-install MacKeeper, it causes more problems than it solves

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try an SMC restart by powering down, unplugging from mains for a few minutes and see if that makes a difference. Also reinforce louishen's suggestion about MacKeeper. It ios crapware of the worst type.

OP
G
Reaction score
mac fixed

Thanks guys, after doing all the hard work and just about to erase the HD and do a clean install, I deleted mackeeper & switched off the power for 5 mins. On restart .... all good, it works. Thanks for your assistance. Sometime the simplest solution are the best. The 'IT Crowed' would be proud!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.