Airport not installed

Reaction score
Hi I'm using a MacBook Pro 3,1. Recently while working, i was able to use my airport. then my screen started flickering so i turned it off. After a while, i turned it on and my screen is okay now, but my airport suddenly disappeared. When i check the Airport icon on the top it says "No Airport card installed". When i go to system preferences and network, i click on the turn airport on it does not do anything. When i go to system profiler under airport it says no information. I already tried zapping and all that but still no use. HELP

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've seen this happen a time or two here. Why it happens is another story....

What seems to have worked in the past is a PRAM reset. You can do this by turning the machine off. Then, turn the machine back on and immediately press and hold Command+Option+P+R. Continue holding until the machine chimes twice and then release.

See if that does the trick.

OP
H
Reaction score
hi i tried that already but still no use. even tried repairing disk permissions. but still nothing. :| thanks for the quick reply by the way!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Has the machine ever been exposed to liquid?

OP
H
Reaction score
i think so, i was on my way to work yesterday and it rained really hard due to a storm in our area. my bag got wet even with an umbrella.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And what does Apple System Profiler (About this Mac) say regarding WiFi? Does it show an Airport card installed? They do die.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i think so, i was on my way to work yesterday and it rained really hard due to a storm in our area. my bag got wet even with an umbrella.

That may be part of the problem. Sometimes liquid spills aren't immediately evident. But as components and connections start to corrode, you can see these kinds of strange problems.

I would let it sit powered down for at least a couple of days to ensure it's completely dry and then experiment with it after that.

OP
H
Reaction score
And what does Apple System Profiler (About this Mac) say regarding WiFi? Does it show an Airport card installed? They do die.

Under System Profiler>Network>AirPort Card it says No information. it worked in the morning but after lunch it just vanished

OP
H
Reaction score
That may be part of the problem. Sometimes liquid spills aren't immediately evident. But as components and connections start to corrode, you can see these kinds of strange problems.

I would let it sit powered down for at least a couple of days to ensure it's completely dry and then experiment with it after that.

THANKS! i will try that. ;D hope it goes well. i dont have the money to go to and repair it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.