App Data Lost in Restore

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is hopeless, but it involves a lot of lost time and some lost money so I wanted to give it a try.

When I downloaded iOS6 for my iPhone 3GS I had the "continual reboot" problem that some other users had. Which was a pain. But, when I got home, I booted the iPhone up in recovery mode, plugged it into my iTunes and *viola* the iPhone functioned properly.

The only problem is that I hadn't synced my iPhone with iTunes lately and so it wasn't up to date. It wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't spent 20+ hours and a significant amount of money on a particular game I recently downloaded on my phone (FFD) that then totally disappeared.

So, *Mac-Forums,* is there anyway for me to get that data back? I'm not going to start the game over and I already sunk $20 into it... (RPG fan that I am).

:Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So, MacRumors, is there anyway for me to get that data back? I'm not going to start the game over and I already sunk $20 into it... (RPG fan that I am).

Since this isn't the MacRumors forum, I guess we can't answer your question. ;D

I don't know about your game data that was lost, but you can re-download the game.

Reaction score
did you have it synced on iCloud ?? if not then from now on start syncing whats important to you on iCloud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you haven't backup up the phone to iCloud or iTunes there's little chance of recovery I'm afraid

OP
M
Reaction score
Wait! I thought the data wasn't backed up in iCloud but maybe it was! When I click on the Manage Storage button on my iPhone I see an icon for FFD with 254 kb of data!

Quick, how do I access it?

OP
M
Reaction score
So if I go to Settings --> iCloud --> Storage & Backup --> Manage Storage --> This iPhone there is a 254kb backup for Final Fantasy Dimensions (even without the app being installed on my iPhone). However, when I Reset (Erase All Content and Settings) and rebooted using the data from iCloud, the app didn't show up.

So my question is: if I redownload FFD, can I somehow connect it to the backed up file on iCloud?

Any help is appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.