hsbc business internet banking login problem

Reaction score
does anyone use hsbc business internet banking? I can no longer login with safari 6, mozilla 15, or chrome. I get into the site, but the other pop up window with bank info never loads.
has anyone figured out a work around? I just got off tech support and she told me they are "updating" their site to only be compatible with internet explorer for the ease of their "global" community. Wow, that makes me want to switch banks by itself but is so much work.
Any work around solutions would be great.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Sounds like they don't care about those using the number 1 selling computer in the world at this point in time.

They're going backwards - all of the business sites I use that have been IE only have all upgraded their software over the past 2 years to be compatible with IE, FF and Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Winebottle and IE applet. I use it on my MBP for a couple sites that are still IE-only.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
It hardly helps you to know that I have had this exact same experience with another banking group (ICICI). Only AFTER I opened an account with them did I discover that they only allow Windows IE as a means of access to my account (and even then, version 5). After much protest and numerous emails and 'phone calls, they permitted Firefox (version 4, I kid you not) to be used. Safari - out the question.

So I don't have a remedy, but you're not alone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.