Option to delete iCloud missing in settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 10.4.11
iPhone G4, IOS 6. In Settings--->iCloud, I should be able to scroll down and see "Delete Account". That option is not there. I've seen it before in IOS 5. Is it really no longer an option in IOS 6 or should I try reinstalling the upgrade?

(When I see threads about deleting iCloud elsewhere on the Internet, the thread invariably erodes into a "why do you want to delete iCloud" session. I just do. Let it go.) :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Did you setup an iCloud account? If not, then there is no account to delete, hence the reason the option is not there.

OP
gbsothere
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 10.4.11
Thanks, cwa107! I'd begun to think I'd inadvertently clicked something recently that confirmed an account, because I began getting iCloud emails, etc. and even found an iCloud "terms agreement" in my inbox, but I'm now thinking that is something that was probably mistakenly clicked during one of my syncs. I'm relieved to find your reply; I realize now that this must be the case and that no account actually exists.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.