Future of Gaming for Mac?

Reaction score
As a gamer I find it hard to satisfy my gaming needs using a mac. Seeing Tropico 3, Borderlands and Call of Duty Black Ops get released for the app store really was a breath of fresh air.

Despite these releases, I was wondering, what other games are in development for the Mac?Are there any rumours of planned releases or official release dates for when mainstream games come out for Mac?

(If anything knows about Grand Theft Auto 4 being released please tell me!)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a rumor or report. Moved here to our OS X Apps and Games forum.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
From what I've noticed for a long time, OS X has not been a hotbed of game development. All games target Windows or the consoles and Mac support is usually is held off until a game does well on Windows/Console before a port is performed.

I'm not a PC gamer anymore, gave it up for console gaming, but people who do run Windows on Mac's find that they can make most of the games work with lower settings.

Even though the Mac market share is increasing, it doesn't look that favorable when seen from the perspective of the PC gamer since most of them run serious gaming rigs with Windows. That's the demography that game developers are targeting and unless that group changes dynamically, I think Mac gamers will be stuck with 2nd tier status..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.