Username/Password for installing software ISSUE

Reaction score
Dear Cloud,

When I attempt to instal new software on my MacBook Pro, it asks me for my username and password. Which is fine, but what is not fine is what I see. The box which comes up for me to type in doesn't have anything written on it. The boxes where I am supposed to enter my username and password don't have anything in them either. When I type in the boxes nothing appears and the curser doesn't move at all...However the information is being input into the fields. because if I type in my username and password (blindly) then hit enter, it accepts it.

Any ideas on how to approach this issue?

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What version of OS X is this? When did this start?

OP
A
Reaction score
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4,
It started when I got the computer, but I didn't really care enough to put the effort into finding a solution until now.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There was another post here a couple of years back that had the same problem. Could you try the solution posted here by the OP to see if applies to you?

OP
A
Reaction score
ok, I don't have Perian installed. But I'll look at the other possible solutions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.