Uploading to server

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to create and app that can send pictures and string texts to my server. Now I managed to create an app that supposidly did this (by googling and following some tutorials on the net) but I have login info requirement on my server. I tried turning this of, but i still did not get it to work. I am a novice when it comes to this so Im not very good at trouble shooting either, but as far as Im concerned this error could be caused by one of two things:

A. I need to send the login info with me from the app when uploading stuff.
B. I need a script or something on the given location to receive the pic/string.

Please halp me with this. If anyone has a good, working example of how to do this, please post it here. Thanks!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The answer to this is going to depend on both how you're accessing this server and what kind of authentication system you're using. Be as specific as you can.

OP
N
Reaction score
The answer to this is going to depend on both how you're accessing this server and what kind of authentication system you're using. Be as specific as you can.

I converted the picture to a NSString Object and then sent it to the server. It is a mySQL server with a regular login/pass authentification. I dont really know how more to describe it, are you looking for scripts? I have the server hosted (as everyone else I guess) and to access it and log in to it i use a login info + pass.

OP
N
Reaction score
It seems to me that uploading and downloading stuff of a server should be a faily easy process since it is so common amongst apps to do this. I just figured the programming process of it to be just as easy, but I guess that was not the case :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.